2019 NYS Council Annual Conference – Important Board Elections to be held
October 17, 2019
To: Members of NYS Council
The NYS Council Annual Conference and Business Meeting will be held this year on December 11 – 12 at the Hearst Media Center, 645 Albany Shaker Road, Albany. We are excited about the Albany location which will maximize the opportunity for our members to meet with key state leaders representing DOH, DFS, OMH, OASAS, and legislative leaders, while also keeping expenses low for attendees. We are planning an agenda which addresses some of the most critical issues our sector faces and provides time for discussion around challenges and opportunities with state leaders, healthcare partners, and each other.
New York State Council Board Elections
At our Annual Business Meeting, held during the Conference, we will be voting on a new slate of executive officers for the NYS Council Board of Directors, which includes the president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer. In addition, we will be ratifying the selection of several regional directors where there are current vacancies. Our Board has experienced a number of recent retirements. We seek to fill one regional director seat to represent the Finger Lakes region, one regional director seat to represent the Central region, and one regional director seat to represent New York City. These positions have two-year terms which will begin immediately following this year’s Annual Conference.
Click here for the nomination form to serve on the NYS Council Board. Please complete the form and return it via email to Lauri Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 8. We will send a confirmation email upon receipt of the Nomination Form. A slate of nominees will be presented for ratification at the December 11-12 meeting.
What do NYS Council board members do?
- Oversee the governance of the NYS Council.
- Set strategic direction for the association to meet the needs of members and the broader behavioral health care community.
- Communicate with regional NYS Council members regarding issues that have come up at Board Meetings and seek input, and then communicate that input back to the Board.
- Review and approve proposed budget and dues structure.
- Evaluate executive performance.
- Serve as a regional ambassador for the NYS Council in helping to set up regional meetings and encouraging regional attendance.
- Attend board meetings – to be held no less than four times per year via conference call or in person.
Annual Conference Details
The NYS Council Annual Conference will be held on December 11-12 at the Hearst Media Center, 645 Albany Shaker Road, Albany. The proposed time frame for the meeting is Day 1: 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm and Day 2: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hampton Inn Albany-Wolf Road (Airport), 10 Ulenski Drive, Albany, NY. The rate for a single or double room is $84.00. To reserve a room, call 518-438-2822 and give the NYS Council three letter code (NYC), to receive our discount. Or you can reserve online by clicking here.
Additional details about the Conference, including an agenda and registration information, will be sent shortly.