NYS Council Annual Conference and Membership Meeting
On December 3 – 4, 2018, at the New York City Bar, the NYS Council held its Annual Conference and Membership Meeting.
The final agenda for the meeting is available online here.
- The meeting began with the Annual Business Meeting where Association business was conducted and voted upon, including the 2019 Board of Directors who were unanimously approved.
- The meeting included a discussion with Ryan Ashe, NYS Director of Medicaid Payment Reform, about the significant challenges NYS Council members continue to face in securing Value Based Payment (VBP) contracts with MCOs and other payers, and to integrating care.
- Day 1 concluded with a presentation by Megan Prokorym, Healthcare Transformation Unit, Office of Primary Care and Health Systems Management, DOH, who helped to clarify the confusion regarding the rules, regulations, and policies governing telehealth/ telepractice/telepsychiatry services.
- Day 2 began with a strategy discussion regarding ongoing provider reimbursement issues with the NYS Council contracting consultant Adam Falcone, Partner with Feldesman Tucker, regarding potential solutions, including but not limited to, use of the state’s Prompt Payment Law.
- We continued Day 2 by co-hosting a joint session with the staff and members of the Community Health Care Association of NYS (CHCANYS) that included:
Environmental Scan & Training – to review various models of horizontal and vertical provider arrangements/networks and assess the strengths / challenges associated with each. Facilitators: Josh Rubin, Consultant, HMA and Adam Falcone, Partner, Feldesman Tucker
Panel Discussion with NYS IPA Provider Networks
- Meghann Hardesty, Executive Director, Community Health IPA (CHIPA)
- Pauline Clark, Finger Lakes IPA (FLIPA)
- Martin Teller, CEO of Finger Lakes Area Counseling and Recovery Agency (FLACRA)
- Charlotte Ostman, CEO of Mental Health Association of Westchester, Coordinated Behavioral Health Services (CBHS) Behavioral Health Care Collaborative (BHCC-IPA)