The following positions are available from NYS Council member facilities. Resumes should be sent to each member directly. Positions are posted on this page for approximately 30 days.
Member organizations with an open position should send a description of the position as well as a contact name and email to Cindy Levernois at email@example.com.
School-Based Counselor (posted: July 12)
The Family and Children’s Society
Opportunities include 10 and 11 month positions and are available in licensed mental health satellite clinics in Broome County area schools this fall. Duties include: provide counseling, assessments and case planning for children and their family members. Supervision provided. Preferred candidates: LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, LMFT; must be licensed (or permit eligible) in NYS. Experience preferred, but will consider recent graduates. Competitive salary and benefits. EOE. Send cover letter and resume to: The Family & Children’s Society, Inc. ATTN: Cara Fraser, 257 Main Street, Binghamton, NY 13905 or fax to 607-729-1858.
Clinical Social Worker – 35 hrs (posted: July 12)
The Family and Children’s Society
Provides individual, family and group therapy to clients who may be seriously and persistently mentally ill. Evaluates and assesses the mental health needs of clients. Provides case management and case coordination services as needed. Prepares necessary reports and maintains department records that reflect assessment, treatment plan, progress and terminations. Preferred candidates: LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, LMFT; must be licensed (or permit eligible) in NYS. Experience preferred, but will consider recent graduates. EOE. Send resume to: The Family & Children’s Society, Attention: Cara Fraser, 257 Main Street, Binghamton, NY 13905. Fax to (607) 729-1858.
Social Worker/Family Specialist (posted: July 27)
A clinical staff member who, in addition to performing routine team duties has lead responsibility for integrating family goals and services with the tasks of all team member and for providing family psycho-education individually and in groups.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge of current DSM an understanding of AXIS 1 diagnosis, providing psycho-ed services in group, individual and family settings (wellness; community integration; vocational services).
- Work environment requires flexibility, with on and off site work locations, working as part of an interdisciplinary team and also individually.
- Manages caseload in terms of:
Schedules appointments in a timely manner.
Completes documentation as required.
Completes a treatment plan documenting goals/objectives that are behaviorally measurable. Supervisor and team psychiatrist must review and sign the plan.
- Assists in the planning, developing and implementation of goals and training to further develop participants’ skills, including but not limited to:
Other duties as assigned.
- Addresses cancelled/failed appointments from both clinical and administrative perspectives.
Is aware of and attains productivity expectations.
- Completes treatment plan reviews on a bi-annual basis (every six month). Reviews must be done within a six month period; cannot exceed the six month period, even by one day. Each review must address goals/objectives in the treatment plan and be review by psychiatrist and assigned staff for utilization review.
- Documents all contacts in progress notes, both face-to-face and phone contacts. Notes are to relate to the goals/objectives on the treatment plan.
- Completes all correspondence in a timely manner with signature of psychiatrist/nurse practitioner and supervisor noting approval.
- Provides direct services in the community where consumer is most comfortable (i.e. home, work, stores, etc.)
- Nutritional planning
- Use of public transportation
- Use of community resources
- Physical health & development
- Adaptive behavior/independent living
- Vocational development
- Social development
- Master’s degree in social work or related human service field.
- One year of training and/or experience in family assessment and intervention, psycho-education and/or family support services, including cognitive-behavioral strategies.
- Experience working with behavioral health population preferred.
- Clean and valid driver’s license. Access to a vehicle and willing to utilize own vehicle for home visits.
- Computer proficiency, including the ability to use email, navigate and enter all documentation into electronic medical record
Interested candidate should forward their resume to: Lisa.Maher@welllifenetwork.org.