The following positions are available from NYS Council member facilities. Resumes should be sent to each member directly. Positions are posted on this page for approximately 30 days.
Member organizations with an open position should send a description of the position as well as a contact name and email to Cindy Levernois at email@example.com.
Director of OASAS Services (posted: January 8)
The Director of OASAS Services leads and manages outpatient substance use services in a New York State OASAS-licensed Article 32 program and serves on the management team of Bailey House. The incumbent provides vision and leadership to ensure quality management, coordination of services to adults with substance use disorders, as well as and other diagnoses, such as mental illness, in compliance with regulatory standards.
The successful candidate is an experienced clinician and leader seeking an exciting opportunity working through the challenges of a start-up outpatient behavioral health clinic, including demonstrated skills and talent in developing partner and referral relationships to grow enrollments. The following are minimum qualifications:
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, behavioral science, or equivalent field of study, as well as a valid and relevant NYS license; LCSW preferred.
- Five years of clinical director experience and three years of relevant clinic management and supervisory experience, including clinical supervision.
- Demonstrated skill and experience managing and growing a start-up clinic, including case-finding and client recruitment activities, as well as networking and relationship-building with a variety of referral partners and providers so as to quickly and fully optimize the census.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of direct behavioral health services, including assessment, treatment, and consultation.
- Demonstrated experience in program design and development, as well as data and performance management.
- Knowledge of diverse modalities of counseling and diagnostic principles.
- Strong knowledge of substance use and mental health disorders within a behavioral health setting. Care management of persons with acute/chronic substance use and/or HIV/AIDS-related illnesses is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to strength-based approaches, such as harm reduction and trauma-informed care.
- Demonstrated talent and skill for building strong and collaborative teams to meet, if not exceed, performance goals.
- Strong organizational and exceptional written communication and public speaking skills are required.
- Demonstrated Spanish language proficiency (written and oral communication) is preferred.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectation to HR@baileyhouse.org.
Director of Vocational Services (posted January 16)
Family Residences and Essential Enterprises
The Director of Vocational Services is a full time (33.75 hrs/wk) position that is directly responsible for the provision and oversight of all services, supports and work contracts operated within the Vocational Services department. This includes all related services under the ACCES-VR CRS contract, SEMP, County contracts and work contracts under SourceAmerica and NYSID. The Director of Vocational Services reports directly to the Assistant Vice President of Vocational Services.
- Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the team members, programs, and activities of the department to assure that stated strategic benchmarks are attained, plans are fulfilled and the individuals supported receive the highest quality of services.
- Develop financial objectives and long-range plans to assure financial accountability and excellent stewardship of the funds associated with the operation of the dept.
- Review all requisite documentation, including electronic records, goals, services, restorative services, medical, financial, etc. for accuracy, thoroughly, and in a timely manner in accordance with NY State and/or Federal regulations and Agency policy.
- Ensure coordination of the activities relating to the services plan, treatment plan, comprehensive functional assessment or prescription of service relevant to the respective division.
- Participate in internal and external audits as scheduled/required. Develop, execute and review plans of action regarding these surveys and follow through on all recommendations in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum of five year’s professional experience working directly with individuals diagnosed with intellectual/developmental disabilities and/or mental illnesses
- Minimum two year’s professional management experience in Human Service’s field
- Familiarity with ACCES-VR, OPWDD, OMH, DOH and other federal and state government entities
To apply, please visit https://careers-familyres.icims.com/jobs/4070/director-of-vocational-services/job.