Resources for College Students:
- College Substance Abuse Statistics, Facts, & Recovery which covers, in great detail, the challenges of substance abuse amongst college students and where can they turn for help.
- Substance Abuse in College Students discusses what type of substances college students abuse, why they abuse them, what are some of the physiological effects, and where they can turn for help.
- The College Student’s Guide to Avoiding Drug and Alcohol Abuse guide has a strong focus on substance abuse on campus and offers info on how this issue affects college students and youth, campus regulations and policies, where to get help, and what parents, teachers and peers can do about it. The page also includes expert insight and tips from a recovering college addict who now works with a treatment center to help those struggling with substance abuse.
- Americares, a health-focused international relief and development organization, is the leading provider of donated medicine, vaccines, medical supplies, and hygiene products to the U.S. health care safety net. Their U.S. Program has a network of more than 1,000 partners in all 50 states, including community mental health centers, substance use treatment centers, community health centers, free and charitable clinics, public health departments and charitable pharmacies. Americares is licensed to distribute pharmaceutical products and medical supplies throughout the country through their Access to Medicine program; all of their donated products are provided entirely for free (including shipping) to their partners for distribution to low-income, uninsured and underinsured clients who cannot afford their prescription medications. For providers, becoming a partner of Americares is as easy as completing an online application and participating in a call with their staff.
Americares offers a range of free psychotropic and primary care medications to their partner network, which includes 108 behavioral health providers in 27 states. Americares is interested in working with you to spread the word about the resources they offer to providers who could benefit from their Access to Medicine program and would love to connect with you.
- StartYourRecovery.org is groundbreaking website developed by bringing together experts in substance use treatment from leading nonprofit, academic, and government institutions. The goal is to offer people who are dealing with substance use issues a single source of reputable, objective information about signs, conditions, treatment options, and resources — presented in a user-friendly format and in language that’s easy to understand.
- A new tool from the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) can help make the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Security Rule more understandable and security risk assessments easier. The Security Risk Assessment (SRA) Tool lets users take a self-directed tour of HIPAA standards and conduct a self-paced risk assessment.
- The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) continually updates its Web site to present the best and newest resources and information relevant to integrated primary and behavioral healthcare.
- The Juvenile Justice Resource Hub is a comprehensive source of information on cutting-edge juvenile justice issues and reform trends. Through this website, you can find ready access to reliable, accurate, curated information and analysis on juvenile justice issues.
- The National Center for PTSD is dedicated to research and education on trauma and PTSD. We work to assure that the latest research findings help those exposed to trauma.