Upcoming 2019 Programs
June 25, 2019: 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Aligning Care Delivery to Emerging Payment Models
Join the AHA Center for Health Innovation and Manatt Health for a new webinar on evolving care models. Hospitals and health systems across the country are redesigning care delivery to improve quality and outcomes, enhance the patient experience, reduce costs, and ultimately produce better population health. The payment landscape for healthcare services has evolved to support providers’ transition to new care delivery models. A new report released by the American Hospital Association (AHA) Center for Health Innovation presents an overview of the successes and challenges that providers have experienced in aligning care delivery models with alternative payment models and shares lessons for those in the midst of the transition.
In a new webinar, the AHA and Manatt Health share key learnings from the report. The webinar will:
- Provide an overview of the changing care delivery and payment landscape
- Discuss the capabilities providers need to succeed under these evolving models
- Offer a “maturity model” for providers to assess their current capabilities and plan for the future
- Highlight different approaches that providers are taking to evolve their care and payment models
- Offer a roadmap that providers can adopt to advance along the maturity model and succeed in the evolving care delivery and payment environment
During the program, you will learn:
- The ways that the emerging care delivery and payment landscape is changing
- The capabilities providers need to succeed in a new environment
- A practical roadmap you can follow to build capabilities
More information and registration details available here.
July 18, 2019: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
United Hospital Fund’s Annual “Medicaid in New York” Conference
New York Academy of Medicine
1216 5th Avenue – at 103rd St., New York City
The program features:
- Keynote by Donna Frescatore, New York State Medicaid Director and Executive Director, New York State of Health, who will discuss the state of New York Medicaid.
- A morning panel on the future of integration for Medicaid long-term care, moderated by Kathryn Haslanger, JASA. Other panelists to be announced.
- An afternoon panel on ensuring the long-term success of the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program. The panel will include Peggy Chan, New York State Department of Health; Isaac Dapkins, MD, NYU Langone Brooklyn PPS; and Ann Monroe, DSRIP Project Approval and Oversight Panel; with additional panelists to be announced. Moderated by Chad E. Shearer, United Hospital Fund.
- A “fireside chat” with Karen Ignagni, EmblemHealth, and Pat Wang, Healthfirst, on the path forward for Medicaid managed care in New York. Moderated by Anthony Shih, MD, United Hospital Fund.
Registration Fee: $125 per person. Fee includes conference materials, continental breakfast, and lunch.
September 18 – 19, 2019
New York State Suicide Prevention Conference
The New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) and the Suicide Prevention Center of New York State (SPC-NY) invite you and your colleagues to the 4th Annual New York State Suicide Prevention Conference at the Desmond Hotel & Conference Center.
The 4th Annual New York State Suicide Prevention Conference: “STRONGER TOGETHER: Embracing Diversity and State/Local Partnerships in Suicide Prevention” sponsored by OMH and SPC-NY is a two-day conference that will focus on best practices in the field of suicide prevention. It will feature presentations highlighting recent developments in suicide prevention, including working with diverse populations, community coalitions, schools and college campuses, health systems, and advancements in surveillance data.